Protect what you value the most—home
You didn’t invest your life savings in buying a home only to see it washed away in rain water, burned down in smoke or your valuables stolen one fateful night, right?
All of this is heartbreaking but you recover a reasonable sum of the investment — for repairs, renovations or to buy a new property — with a home insurance policy.
At Reith & Associates, we can shop for a home insurance policy that provides optimum protection against
- fire and water damage,
- personal contents,
- personal liability, and
- any other specific coverage you need.
From sharing instant quotes to comparing features and rates from Ontario’s best home insurance companies, our insurance brokers can help you make an informed and empowered decision.
Why Partner with Reith & Associates
We have 100+ years of industry experience in protecting your business interests. You can trust us with your business insurance needs.
Qualified, Professional & Works with Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO). Get fair, independent & impartial advice every single time.
We’re the most award winning insurance broker in St. Thomas & London region. & We refuse to stop working towards excellence and earning industry appreciation.
Quick, Easy & Convenient. We plan and execute every project with meticulous attention to details and the urgency of the situation.
Reach out to us anytime, anywhere via our web based portal and mobile app. Available to answer your questions 24*7.
Bundle up business insurance policies & save big. We’ll do a review & get your maximum savings without altering the coverage.
Safe & Secure
Your business information is protected from unauthorized access, data theft or any unethical activity. Trust us with your auto insurance needs.
We value our clients and so do they. Check our customer reviews that are a testament of dedicated & our professional services.
What kind of Ontario home insurance policy works best for my property
Honestly, it depends on the kind of property, existing risks and the level of coverage you seek for your home.
At Reith & Associates, we will conduct a property risk-assessment to ensure you buy home insurance that covers maximum risks at an optimal rate only. Some of the commonly asked home insurance in Ontario includes
Condo insurance: Condo insurance covers what a typical Ontario home insurance covers. In addition, it offers personal liability, building property protection, personal property coverage, condo association coverage and many such types.
Renters/Tenants insurance: Your rented home is generally covered for personal property, liability, rental upgrades, living expenses and additional living expenses.
Cottage & Seasonal Insurance: A villa or cottage used for summer or winter vacation is no less important than your home. Insurance can cover it for fire, water damage, theft, vandalism, personal belongings, detached structures and third-party liability.
Share your basic information with one of our insurance brokers to learn about Ontario’s best home insurance policies that cover your needs and at rates second to none.
Upgrade the home insurance cover
Not all Ontario home insurance policies are equal. You can cover for basic perils or customize the policy with specific risks like
Covers your personal assets like furniture, electronics, jewellery, art, antiques
Covers additional constructions/ installations like a garage, pool house, sheds, gazebos
Covers the cost of living in temporary accommodation like a rental home
Covers your home against overflowing rivers or water bodies and excessive snow melting near around
Covers your home against sewer water that enters your property due to damage or blocked pipelines
Not applicable to areas not prone to earthquakes. Provides replacement cost of your home if eligible
Covers the financial loss you incur due to lost or stolen identity proofs like credit cards, passports
Covers increased expenses due to unplanned departure from your house
Freezer Food Spoilage
Covers the cost of spoiled food stored in the freezer due to power failure/technical issue
Whether a single-family home, condo, apartment or luxury villa, we can help with a tailored home insurance policy that safeguards your property for maximum perils and for a long time.
While you can’t prevent all the damages, you can claim financial compensation for what is not your fault and live a comfortable life. Talk to one of our insurance brokers to decide on the best home insurance investment in Ontario.
Frequently asked questions
There is no law that mandates homeowners to buy insurance in Ontario. Yet, having one compensates you in the event of any theft, fire/water accidents, or other risks. The damages received can be used for repairs, renovation or to buy a new home. Also, it provides extra assurance to banks or mortgage lenders.
It depends on a number of factors like
- Location: If the area and neighbourhood are prone to fire/water damage, theft, vandalism, or other risks, you will have to pay more than relatively safe and secured locations in Ontario.
- Replacement value: a bigger and extravagantly built home requires more home insurance than others
- Age: Old and poorly-built homes are at a higher risk and hence would need more for their repairs and replacement.
- Existing Condition: When was the last time you replaced electrical, plumbing and heating systems? All such factors decide if and to what extent your house is likely to face a gas leak or fire accident.
- Pets: If you own an aggressive breed, you’re personally liable to medically compensate in the event of dog bites.
- Policy types: From basic, broad to comprehensive, you can choose to invest in a policy that covers maximum risks and gives you complete peace of mind.
- Claims history: Most home insurance companies in Ontario examine your claim history to determine if you paid the premiums on time and/or if you were entangled in any controversy.
- Pools & similar outdoor accessories: A swimming pool increases the risk of the accidental drowning of pets, kids, the elderly and those who do not know how to swim. Likewise constriction of a deck, gazebo or sheds will shoot your home insurance premium.
- Additional coverage: If you have specific needs like running a home business out of the property, keeping tenants, housing expensive antiques, wine, or art pieces, extra coverage should be considered.
No. homeowners insurance is not considered under nondeductible expenses by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
However, if you are running a home-based business or have rented the property, you may have a chance to get some deduction. Talk to one of our insurance brokers to determine if or not you are eligible to file a claim for tax-deductibles.
- Mould growth: It is the result of the negligence of homeowners and hence is not usually covered by most home insurance policies.
- Pest or rat infestation also comes under the same category. The damage is preventable if the homeowners pay attention to regular cleaning and building maintenance.
- Frozen pipes: Do not leave for long winter vacations without draining water pipes.
- Regular wear and tear: Keeping your home protected from common issues like leaky taps, tanks and roofs is the duty of owners. Most home insurance companies in Ontario will outright reject such claims.
If you still want coverage for specific perils, talk to your insurance agent or an insurance broker for a tailored policy.
Home and auto insurance are one of the popular insurance bundles in Ontario for they can help you save money on both policies.
There are many companies like Allstate, Nationwide, Progressive and State Farm which are preferred for home and auto insurance bundles. Each has its unique features and discounts that are worth considering.
Reach out to Reith & Associates. Our insurance brokers will compare the top policies to help you purchase the best home and auto insurance in Ontario.
Every Customer Question Is Answered Here—Ask 24*7 Support
If your question is not listed here, we are happy to answer over a phone call. Give us a call at (519) 631-3862, Monday–Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm or by appointment after the office hours.