Since 1914 Reith & Associates have been making history in St. Thomas and it’s surrounding communities. Playing a community role in protecting the citizens, of St. Thomas and the surrounding communities.
The Reith & Associates team are passionate professionals uniquely trained and qualified to take care of the people and property that matter most to you while remaining dedicated to the family tradition of providing an exceptional client experience.
Today, the brokerage is distinguished itself by its Unique Process—Mission to Your Prosperity™—it’s exclusive discovery method of data collection and its digital platform alternative. The brokerage is proud to be the most awarded and celebrated insurance provider in our community.
Thank you for considering Reith & Associates.
From 1914 to Present
- In 1914, while working the family farm near Shedden Ontario, Alvin McCauley Brown began his insurance practice selling accident and sickness policies to area farm families. He formed the A.M. Brown Insurance Agency.
- 1919 The A.M. Brown Insurance Agency opened its St. Thomas,.
- 1961 Harold Jackson, Alvin Brown’s cousin, left his position as a Field Inspector with a major Canadian insurer to join the agency, acquiring it in 1962.
- 1963 Harold Jackson’s son-in-law, Dan Reith Sr., joined the agency and the practice was acquired from A.M. Brown.
- Over the next two decades the agency grew through acquisitions and structured partnerships. In late 1973, Harold Jackson retired and Jerry Beavis took a partnership after merging his agency with Reith & Jackson. The practice changed its operating name to Reith & Beavis Insurance Agency Limited.
- 1981 Provincial regulation introduced a new regulatory authority, The Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO), to govern and provide professional oversight. Subsequent to the establishment of RIBO, insurance agencies were subject to higher professional standards of practice and education and were identified as brokers. This regulatory change caused the firm to rebrand as Reith & Beavis Insurance Brokers Limited.
- 1987 after the acquisition of George S. McLachlan Insurance, the brokerage updated its brand to Reith & Associates Insurance Brokers Limited.
- 1992 the brokerage welcomed Dan Reith Jr., and in 1994 his brother Darren Reith. At that time the brokerage changed its operating name to Reith & Associates Insurance and Financial Services Limited to reflect the expansion of products and services with the introduction of a life insurance and investment services team.
- 2000 brothers Dan and Darren Reith have led the brokerage since December 2000, after the passing of their father.
- 2018 the brokerage embarked on a significant capital investment transforming to a fully digital platform with enhanced online capabilities and the introduction of their own mobile App Reith OnLine TM.
- 2019 the Group Benefits unit is launched.
“We are proud of our history and the recognition of being family owned for over 100 years. We have made great stride to combine traditional family service with modern state of the art technology and delivery options.” – Dan Reith